The Trust invests exclusively in social economy enterprises, notably in non-profit organizations and cooperatives, the majority of whose employees reside in Québec, with business assets of under $100 million ($100M) or capital of less than $50 million ($50M).
- Development or enhancement of activities
- Adaptation of products and services
- Start-up and expansion
The following companies, organizations, or entities (below named Enterprises) are not eligible for Investment:
- a Business that is a public Body;
- an enterprise whose law requires that employees be appointed in accordance with the Public Service Act or whose social fund is part of the domain of the State;
- an entreprise whose mode of appointment of governance does not ensure a prominent place for the actors of the civil society;
- entreprises that offers exclusively educational services and exclusively residential rental housing services;
- entreprises whose activities result in the substitution of jobs held or to be held by public sector employees.
- Business recovery, refinancing of existing debts or the advance payment of long-term debt, the purpose of which is to reduce overall financing costs
- Financing of activities if the consequence of such an investment is the substitution of jobs currently being held or that should be held by public sector employees