Our financial products
Patient capital loans from the Chantier de l’économie sociale Trust
These financial products support social economy enterprises that wish to develop or improve their operational or real estate potential.
- Supports the start-up, expansion and development of collective enterprises
- No capital repayment obligation before the end of its 15-year term
- Monthly interest payments
- Possibility of advance capital repayment with no penalty
- Competitive fixed interest rate for the duration of the investment
- Complements other financial products
Operations Patient Capital Loans
To finance all capitalization needs aside from real estate.
- Working capital
- Equipment acquisition (office, computers, vehicles, machinery and tools.)
- Absorb operational deficits during start-up
- Leasehold improvements
- Upgrading the enterprise’s capital
- Introducing new products to the market
- All other needs related to operations
Between $50,000 and $250,000
Jusqu’à 35 % du coût du projet
Real Estate Patient Capital Loans
Financing costs directly related to the acquisition, construction and renovation of real estate assets belonging to social economy enterprises.
- Expenses related to real estate assets such as buildings or warehouses.
- Professional fees (architect, land surveyor, notary, etc.)
- Transfer taxes
- All other costs related to a real estate project (moving costs, working capital for production stoppage, etc.)
- Mortgage financing from a financial institution required
- Subordinated guarantee on fixed assets from the Chantier Trust
Between $50,000 and $1.5 million
31.5% of project costs
Québec social economy enterprises, non-profit organizations and cooperatives for which
- The majority of employees live in Québec
- Business assets are under one hundred million dollars ($100 million) or capital under fifty million dollars ($50 million).
- Operations development or improvements
- Adaptation of products and services
- Start-up and expansion
- Enterprises whose appointment processes for governing bodies don’t ensure a preponderance of civil society stakeholders
- Enterprises that exclusively offer educational services or residential rental housing services
- Enterprises whose activities result in the substitution of jobs held or to be held by public sector employees
- Private enterprises
- Public bodies
- Pre-start-up, recovery, refinancing of existing debts, early repayment of a long-term loan with the goal of lowering the overall costs of financing.
- Financing activities that result in the substitution of jobs held or to be held by public sector employees.
Primary Advantages of Patient Capital
What is patient capital?
Long-term loans, meaning in this case, with no capital repayment obligation before the end of their 15-year term.
In addition, no requirement of a guarantee when financing for operational needs, while real estate financing will only require a subordinate guarantee to any mortgage from a financial institution.
What are the advantages of this type of financing?
Given its flexible conditions, it lowers financial risk compared to traditional forms of debt.
By significantly lowering annual cash outlays needed to repay project financing, it helps conserve capital for your project’s needs.
As this financing falls under the category of promoter investment, it improves the debt coverage ratio and debt ratios and, as a result, the enterprise’s financial capacity.
Working in parallel with other financial products, it helps find other financial partners by serving as a lever.
Due to its fixed interest rate for the duration of the investment, it provides a measure of stability in payments.
The flexibility of this type of financing helps provide a better debt-equity balance.